ACE INTERNSHIP ENTRY PROCESS
The ACE Internship Program gives an opportunity to talented college grads who wish to pursue a career in post-production motion picture and TV editorial. For program details, please review: Internship Program – “How-It-Works”
NOTE: After your payment of $100 entry fee, you will be automatically redirected to a webpage with the Application Form for submission of the following documents:
1. A personal letter about why you are the right candidate for the internship program (no more than 2 pages).
2.Your resume (one page only).
3.Two letters of recommendation (one page each).
4.Do NOT include any DVDs of films you have edited or other material.
Applications arriving later than September 30th will not be considered.
If you prefer, you may mail your payment with your personal letter, resume and recommendations to:
(Please mail unstapled, NO Hand Delivery)
American Cinema Editors
Bldg 9128 Suite 260
Universal City CA 91608
Attention: Carsten Kurpanek, ACE-Internship Program
1. Be a recent college graduate (bachelor or master, trade school degree also acceptable). Your graduation should be no more than 2-3 years prior to application period.
3. Be a US resident with valid work permit (currently international applications are not accepted)
4. Live in Los Angeles from day of selection interview until the end of program (6 weeks, starts in January and ends in February) and be ready to move permanently to Los Angeles after completion of the program.
5. Have strong skill level in Avid, Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro.
Members of Motion Pictures Editor’s Guild NOT eligible. Those accepted will be paid a stipend for part of the program. This program is held in the Los Angeles, California area.
In November, up to 10 finalists will be informed if they are a finalist for the program and must be available for an in-person interview at Universal Studios in early January. The internship program starts in early January, and runs to the end of February.