Editors applying for Active ACE membership are encouraged to review their IMDB information and keep it up-to-date.
2. 72 MONTHS
The required number of months to apply for membership is now a minimum of 72 months.
3. CREDIT GUIDELINES
The editor must have been employed a minimum of 72 months as an editor of either feature-length motion pictures or television (one-half hour or more in length) for which they received screen credit in main or main end titles.
- Shared credits in the MAIN TITLE and MAIN END TITLE count as full credits.
- Associate Editor and Additional Editor credits do not count.
- Non-Scripted and Animation credits may be calculated differently.
- All credits are subject to peer review.
- ACE does not accept credits on trailers, commercials, infomercials, news or live TV shows with an “editorial pass”
to meet length or language requirements only.
- We do not accept credits on films, TV or webisodes that air in a format shorter than 30 minutes, “the making of” videos,
or “TV Specials” such as award shows.
4. THREE YEARS
One must be an ACTIVE ACE Member in good standing for three years before writing a sponsorship letter for a new member candidate. LIFE Members may also write sponsorship letters.
5. ONE PER YEAR
Members may only sponsor one candidate per calendar year. Sponsorship letters must be current, dated within one year of the interview date. If more time has elapsed when the interview is scheduled, Membership Committee shall contact sponsor and ask them to renew and re-validate their endorsement.
The ACE Board of Directors also reserves the right to invite film editors of distinction directly to become ACE member.
6. LETTERS CURRENT
Sponsorship letters must be current, dated within one year of the interview date. (If more time has elapsed when the interview is scheduled, Membership Committee shall contact sponsor and ask them to renew and re-validate their endorsement.)
7. SPONSORSHIP GUIDELINES
Each candidate for membership shall present two letters of sponsorship from ACTIVE or LIFE Members with first-hand knowledge of the applicant. We strongly recommend that, when possible, one letter be from an ACE member with whom the applicant has worked. Both letters must be at least 100 words in length.
If one of the two sponsors is related to the applicant, a third letter is required.