The competition opens September 16th, 2019 and closes November 22nd, 2019.
The nominees are announced December 11th and the winner is announced at the ACE Eddies Awards ceremony on January 17th, 2020 in Los Angeles.
Students of film or editing may enter the ACE Student Editing Competition once a year. Applicants must provide the name of the school or university where they are studying and the name of a professor or instructor on the ACE application. Here are the steps:
- Click “Start Application” and pay entry fee ($125).
- Upon payment you are redirected to an application.
- Fill form out completely and submit.
- You are redirected to a web page with link to download Video Dailies (mp4) and Script Notes.
- You will receive an email on how to submit your edited scene to ACE.
The top three finalists are contacted by phone and email, and announced soon after. Each finalist is invited to attend the ACE Eddie Awards, in Beverly Hills, CA. (ACE does not pay transportation or hotel expenses for out-of-town students.)
The winner receives a special Student Award and publicity in the Hollywood trade papers and each finalist receives a plaque.
No other entrants are contacted and no critiques or rankings are available for anyone. The finalists are listed on this ACE website.
Please Note: The dailies supplied are for this student competition only and are NOT to be duplicated or copied or used for classroom study, projects or any other outside use. Any infringement upon this use may result in litigation.