Hope to see you again in 2020!
EditFest Los Angeles
August 24th, 2019
9:00 am – 9:40 am
Check in – coffee will be served
ENTER AT RIVERSIDE GATE
- Tell guards you’re going to ACE Event at the main theatre.
- You must be on guest list and have picture ID to enter.
- Inside, check in and receive event packet in front of theatre.
- Purchase raffle tickets for chance to win Avid Media Composer, DaVinci Resolve, Adobe Premiere and more.
- Proceeds go to ACE Educational Center (tax deductible).
9:40 am Blackmagic Presentation on DaVinci Resolve
10:00 am – 11:30 am
From the Cutting Room to the Red Carpet:
ACE Award nominees discuss their esteemed work
Moderated by Margot Nack (Sr. Manager at Adobe)
- Heather Capps – Portlandia
- Nena Erb, ACE – Insecure
- Robert Fisher, ACE – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
- Eric Kissack – The Good Place
- Cindy Mollo, ACE – Ozark
11:45 am – 1:15 pm
Reality vs. Scripted Editing: Demystifying the Difference
Moderated by Matt Feury
Avid: Senior Director | Artist Relations
- Maura Corey, ACE – Good Girls, America’s Got Talent
- Tom Costantino, ACE – The Orville, Intervention
- Jamie Nelsen, ACE – Black-ish, Project Runway
- Molly Shock, ACE – Naked and Afraid, RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars
1:15 pm – 2:30 pm – Break – Lunch included
2:30 pm – Raffle off prizes
2:45 pm – 4:15 pm
Inside the Cutting Room with Bobbie O’Steen: A Conversation with Joe Walker, ACE
Author of The Invisible Cut & Cut to the Chase
Joe Walker, ACE – Widows, Blade Runner 2049, Arrival, Sicario, 12 Years a Slave
4:20 pm – 5:45 pm
The Lean Forward Moment: A Tribute to Norman Hollyn, ACE
Moderated by Alan Heim, ACE
President of the Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Ashley Alizor – Assistant Editor
- Reine-Claire – Associate Professor, Practice of Cinematic Arts, USC
- Saira Haider – Creed II
- Thomas G. Miller, ACE
6:00 pm – ACE After Party with Cocktails and Hors d’oeuvres
Converse one on one with the panelists and attendees outside the theatre on Dopey Drive