Established ACE Committees
Sign up for the current membership committee once you have been an ACE member for 5 years. We aim for this committee to have editor representatives from diverse genres such as documentary, animation, non-scripted as well as long and short form scripted.
• This committee interviews potential new members to ACE seeking our future ambassadors of ACE.
• Membership committee also hosts an annual Welcome to ACE party to get to know our newest members
BLUE RIBBON COMMITTEE
Sign up on the current Blue Ribbon committee list. Several in-person and/or conference call meetings are held each year. Please note there is a flurry of end of year activity as award season looms.
• In keeping with our changing industry this committee updates/reviews rules and guidelines for the nomination and voting process of the Eddie awards. This includes a review of the previous year’s Eddie Award categories and an analysis of whether updates need to be implemented.
• The committee also reviews all award submissions to make sure they qualify and are listed in the appropriate category.
THE WELCOME COMMITTEE
Sign up to be on the list to join the brand new Welcome committee.
• Mission statement: “To help create a multi-generational union between new and veteran members through mentorship and active engagement in ACE events.”
• The Welcome program creates a “Big Brother/Big Sister” relationship between new and established members. New members who lack connections and may have missed the opportunity earlier in their careers, this program gives them access to an experienced and knowledgeable member to confide in and learn from. This is especially helpful for new members less familiar with the ACE community. Veterans offer guidance and share resources with the new member looking for a more nuanced and deeper understanding of the business and the craft.
Sign up to be on the list to join the current internship committee.
• As space permits this committee seeks those who would like to be a part of the team to guide our young intern applicants and official ACE interns.
• List your interest if you would like to be an individual mentor.
• Sign up if you would like to offer up your cutting room to host an intern for a week to shadow your assistant. Rules and guidelines will be provided.
This committee researches and contacts organizations outside of the US which support editors with goals aligned with ACE values.
• ACE is establishing a new class of membership, the International Affiliate, for individuals who meet our standards within their respective markets. This committee is currently developing the requirements for this class of membership, pending approval of the Board. The goal is to open communication and find areas of mutual interest and cooperation with fellow editors around the world.
CINEMA EDITOR MAGAZINE
If you have an idea for a new column or article for CinemaEditor Magazine, please write a short paragraph and we will run it by the CinemaEditor Staff to see if it fits in with the upcoming issues. All writers and articles must be approved in advance, and writing samples are much appreciated.
Currently this amazing and successful committee’s capacity is full but updates will be posted on the website when that changes.
• Our program’s mission statement: To help mentor young editors with the goal of them one day being ACE members. The program is open to men and women of all races, but the goal is to create a more diverse editing community that includes more women and minorities.
• This program creates opportunities for aspiring editors to learn from senior editors with relevant experience in their area(s) of interest. Mentees are matched with mentors and fellow mentees based on professional goals and interests. Mentors offer guidance, share resources to support the mentee’s professional development and cultivate relationships between the mentors and mentees.